Total Pageviews

Friday, February 28, 2014

A book that Philip K. Dick could have written

Meowing on the Answering Machine by Robert Emmett displays a twisted sense of humor, as well as outrage at the surreal qualities of what we call reality.  Festooned with pen-and-ink illustrations, this book has exactly one story about a cat.  You will also find self-cooking chickens and a dog who tells lies.  And there are flying people, too!  Oh, and a talking couch.

I recommend this collection of stories and drawings for the sheer pleasure of laughing out loud.

Please see my complete review here:

 http://www.examiner.com/review/meowing-on-the-answering-machine-book-review

Thank you so much!

  ~~~

3 comments:

Robert Emmett said...

I don't know how I missed this one until now. Thank you so much Tessa! You have no idea how much that headline means to me.

tuffy777 said...

He definitely would have enjoyed reading your book. :)

Anonymous said...

I read this review, and I couldn't agree with it more. Only once in a while, an author comes along who has the ability to make us appreciate our own foibles. Grasp this opportunity to enjoy a totally wonderful read by an extremely creative writer.