Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2016

Time to clean out the shed

Now that the rain has gone away for at least a week, it's time to empty out the shed, sweep and bug bomb it, and put everything back. Of course, putting things back means sorting, tossing, donating and selling as much as possible. Since work assignments have been anything but steady in recent months, selling will be my top priority.

The mess from last year, which you see in the photo below, is now in the storage shed, and not much better organized. Every time I get started on the job, something comes up and I have to leave it. Sometimes it's an unexpected rainstorm, but usually it's something else that might not be as important, but which is much more urgent.

A couple years ago, it was a broken leg. Last year it was a badly sprained wrist and bruised elbow. This year I hope to get the job done without any such interruption. I'm still incredibly clumsy, but if I take it slowly and get some help from a nice neighbor, I think it will get done.

I've been clumsy and accident-prone ever since I cracked my skull a few years back. I had a concussion, and my brain swelled up. It's taken lots of time and effort to find ways to compensate, but I'm getting there. I still have no good sense of time, and words often fail me, but I have had some slight improvement. I'm afraid my eyesight will never quite be the same, but I have eyeglasses now.

Life is good, for the most part. I've been better, but I've also been worse.


No comments: